Translate

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Isaiah 60

Introduction to the BibleWheel
Richard Amiel McGough's original BibleWheel site
Join the Biblewheel Group on Facebook
Back to Isaiah's Menu




Isaiah 60 falls on the 16th Spoke of the 3rd cycle in the innerwheel of Isaiah shown in the diagram above. I will write Isaiah 60 as (Isaiah 163). Therefore it shares a few things with the 16th prophetic book Zechariah which I will write as I will write Zechariah being the 16th book of the bible's 2nd cycle as (Bible 162). The word for eye is the Hebrew ayin which is also the 16th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.


Isaiah 60 (Isaiah 163) and Zechariah (Bible 162)
Isaiah 60
4 lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
Zechariah 1
18 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and saw, and behold four horns.
Zechariah 2
1 I lifted up mine eyes again, and looked, and behold a man with a measuring line in his hand.
Zechariah 5
1 Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll.
9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.
Zechariah 6
1 And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass.
Isaiah 60
10 And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee.
Zechariah 1
16 Therefore thus saith the LORD; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith the LORD of hosts, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem.
Isaiah 60
4 lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
Zechariah 6
15 And they that are far off shall come and build in the temple of the LORD, and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you. And this shall come to pass, if ye will diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God.
A Contrasting Link
Isaiah 60
13 The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.
Zechariah 11
1 Open thy doors, O Lebanon, that the fire may devour thy cedars.
2 Howl, fir tree; for the cedar is fallen; because the mighty are spoiled: howl, O ye oaks of Bashan; for the forest of the vintage is come down.



More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment