Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2013

1Corinthians 13 - alphabetic verses

1Corinthians 13 - are the verses alphabetic?

אֱהָבֶהָ = 13
אֱהָבֶהָ (Ahavah, Love) The Feminine gender of the word love.
אֶחָד (Echad, Unity) = 13

Having seen the numerical value added to 13 and the subject of 1Corinthians 13 you'll understand that this chapter is meant to be known as the Love Chapter of the bible. This chapter in the King James interprets love as charity.

But in this article let me show you comparing with the Hebrew translation of the New Testament, that the verses are alphabetically and numerically patterned.
The Love Chapter of the Bible
1 Corinthians 13 - Listen
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,

and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass,

or a tinkling cymbal.
1Corinthians 13 Hebrew Bible
1  אם בלשנות אנשים ומלאכים אדבר 

ואין בי האהבה הייתי כנחשת המה או 

כצלצל תרועה׃
Verse 1 is the introduction of the theme of charity
2 And though I have [the gift of] prophecy,

and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge;

and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
2 וכי תהיה לי נבואה 

ואדע כל הסודות וכל הדעת 

וכי תהיה לי כל האמונה עד כי אעתיק הרים ואין בי האהבה הייתי כאין׃
Paul is summarizing the bible's 2nd epistle 1Corinthians in this verse 2:

1Corinthians 12:10 KJV - 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another [divers] kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1Corinthians 8:1 KJV - 1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor],

and though I give my body to be burned,

and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
3 ואם אחלק את כל הוני 

ואם אתן את גופי לשרפה 

ואין בי האהבה כל זאת לא תועילני׃
2Corinthians the 3rd epistle is focusing on giving:

2Corinthians 9:7 KJV - 7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, [so let him give]; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
4 Charity suffereth long, [and] is kind;  

charity envieth not;  

charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
4 האהבה מארכת אף ועשה חסד 

האהבה לא תקנא 

האהבה לא תתפאר ולא תתרומם׃
Galatians, the 4th epistle compares the lusts of the flesh where envy is mentioned and the fruit of the spirit where longsuffering is mentioned.
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly,

seeketh not her own,

is not easily provoked,

thinketh no evil;
5 לא תעשה דבר תפלה 

ולא תבקש את אשר לה 

ולא תתמרמר 

ולא תחשב הרעה׃
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity,

but rejoiceth in the truth;
6 לא תשמח בעולה 

כי שמחתה עם האמת׃
Philippians the 6th epistle uses rejoice often:

Philippians 1:18 KJV - 18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
Philippians 2:16-18, 28 KJV - 16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. 17 Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all. 18 For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me. ... 28 I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful.
Philippians 3:1, 3 KJV - 1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed [is] not grievous, but for you [it is] safe. ... 3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Philippians 4:4 KJV - 4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: [and] again I say, Rejoice.
7 Beareth all things,

believeth all things,

hopeth all things,

endureth all things.
7 את כל תשא  

את כל תאמין  

את כל תקוה 

ואת כל תסבל׃
Colossians the 7th epistle mentions all things a few times:

Colossians 1:16-18, 20 KJV - 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence. ... 20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, [I say], whether [they be] things in earth, or things in heaven.
Colossians 3:20, 22 KJV - 20 Children, obey [your] parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. ... 22 Servants, obey in all things [your] masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:
Colossians 4:9 KJV - 9 With Onesimus, a faithful and beloved brother, who is [one] of you. They shall make known unto you all things which [are done] here.
Colossians 3:14 KJV - 14 And above all these things [put on] charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
8 Charity never faileth:

but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail;

whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease;

whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.
8 האהבה לא תבל 

לעולם אך הנבואות 

הנה תבטלנה והלשנות 

תכלינה והדעת תבטל׃
9 For we know in part,

and we prophesy in part.
9 כי קצת הוא שידענו 

וקצת הוא שנבאנו׃
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
10 וכבוא התמים אז עבור תעבר הקצת׃
This reminds me of Saul and David, who was after God's heart. The 10th book 2Samuel begins with the aftermath of the battle lost in the 9th book 1Samuel and David takes Saul's place on the throne.

I have a glimpse of understanding that Saul and David represent the 2 covenants. Saul persecuted David while in power just as Ishmael mocked Isaac until he and his mother were sent away.
11 When I was a child,

I spake as a child,

I understood as a child,

I thought as a child:

but when I became a man,

I put away childish things.
11 כאשר הייתי עולל 

כעולל דברתי 

כעולל הגיתי 

כעולל חשבתי 

וכאשר הייתי לאיש 

הסירתי דברי העולל׃
As is the Caf prefix in Hebrew which is also the 11th letter.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly;

but then face to face:

now I know in part;

but then shall I know even as also I am known.
12 כי כעת מביטים אנחנו במראה ובחידות ואז פנים אל פנים 

כעת יודע אני קצתו ואז כאשר נודעתי אדע אף אני׃
13 And now abideth faith,

hope,

charity,

these three;

but the greatest of these [is] charity.
13 ועתה שלש אלה תעמדנה האמונה 

והתקוה 

והאהבה 

והגדולה בהן היא האהבה׃
Verse 13 comes back to the importance of charity.

Philemon 1:1-2, 5, 7, 9 KJV - 1 Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy [our] brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer, 2 And to [our] beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellowsoldier, and to the church in thy house: ... 5 Hearing of thy love and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all saints; ... 7 For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother. ... 9 Yet for love's sake I rather beseech [thee], being such an one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus Christ.


I had posted this subject earlier in here:
http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?2312-1Corinthians-13-verse-by-verse-pattern


------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Like! Comment! Share among your friends and groups! Pass the word!
Look at my other blog postings on the right hand menu.
If you have any friends who are interested add them to the Biblewheel group on Facebook!
You can also add me on Google+ .
If you like this type of study I would like to hear what you have found in your own studies on numerical patterns in the bible.
More to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment